Jonas was going with Jake, no matter what. "No, You..you can't," was, of course, Jake's answer. "You need to be here for Mom and Dad."
Jonas knew he'd say that. "It doesn't matter, I'm going," Jonas told him, trying to help Jake get ready for his move. They worked together, going through Jake's things. Apparently, Jake didn't know he was this much of a hoarder, living in his tiny apartment. It was a tidy little place. Not even a man cave. It always looked Mother-approved, even if their mother never dropped by.
Together they let some old photos he boxed away with the promise that Jonas would archive them.
"That means, you need to stay." Jake gave him the eye about this move.
"No, I'll do it there."
Jake rolled his eyes, knowing this meant the box of pictures was coming with him after all. They whittled down Jake's wardrobe, which was full of clothes he never got to wear at the library.
"It's too casual, man," Jonas agreed, boxing it up for Goodwill Again, he knew his brother didn't want to hear this, but Jonas grouped together the essentials that would work together. "I guess you better take this heavy coat." Jonas reminded him that he was moving to the Windy City.
"I just want to help you, you know," Jonas said a few days later as they cleared out the apartment so Jake could stay with their parents until he left. There was still that problem. Jake didn't have a job, and he knew this hurt Jake the most. He'd always been busy, even if the jobs didn't pay much. "I've learned a lot from you. It's just-"
"Just what?" They were eating the last of the snacks before they went to the garbage. Jake had lots of healthy stuff, like trail mixes and yogurt.
"You've been that person I've always wanted to be," Jonas looked at him blankly. "I...I just think if..if I get out on my own." He swelled a frown. "I need this move as much as you do." Jonas finally said. "If I stay here, I'm going to rely on Mom and Dad forever."
"OK," Jake suddenly said. "We'll give it a try." But first he needed to call Macy to get her thoughts on Jonas moving to Chicago.

2 comments:
Interesting-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
❤️ Relacja Jonasa i Jake’a jest tutaj pokazana w tak ciepły i szczery sposób. Widać, że Jonas naprawdę chce być przy bracie i jednocześnie próbuje znaleźć własną drogę. Szczególnie porusza jego wyznanie, że Jake był osobą, którą zawsze chciał być — to pokazuje, jak bardzo go podziwia. 🥹 Mam nadzieję, że ich wspólna przeprowadzka do Chicago przyniesie im obu coś dobrego. Z niecierpliwością czekam na dalszy ciąg! ❤️
Post a Comment